In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1impuesto de rodaje masculinopatente femenino Cono Surtenencia femenino México
- In 80 per cent of companies supplying cars, insurance, road tax, servicing and repairs are paid for.
- They can be driven by 16-year-olds, are inexpensive to insure and, at €35 a year, fall into the cheapest category of road tax.
- If my little old banger is still chugging along at the start of next year, I might have to look at what's on offer at the Post Office when I pop in to renew my road tax.
- Cars over 30 years old are exempt from the National Car Test and there is no Vehicle Registration Tax or road tax to pay.
- Each vehicle comes with a three-year warranty, one year's breakdown cover, 12 month road tax and a week's return policy.
- James could be getting an extra £78 per week and exemption from road tax on the family car.
- Like most car owners, I pay my road tax, buy fuel, have it serviced and get it repaired when it goes wrong.
- The original market value of the car is £18,000, and the employer bears all the costs in respect of private fuel, insurance, repair and servicing and road tax.
- The IRHA is lobbying politicians to introduce an infrastructural levy to replace new tolls and for the crediting of tolls against road tax.
- However, at present I pay for my road use once by paying road tax.
- A further help in keeping running costs down is that the tiny engine size means a road tax of only €151 for a full year.
- The system is intended to automatically alert police if a car is stolen, if road tax hasn't been paid or the MoT is out of date, or if the driver is uninsured.
- The scheme involves an embedded chip that will automatically report to authorities a wide range of offences including speeding, road tax evasion and illegal parking.
- More importantly for buyers in its home country, the engine is fully compliant with the very strict Euro 4 exhaust emission standards, so it is exempt from German road tax until 2005.
- Most packages cover road tax, breakdown assistance and regular servicing, and take care of details like tyres, clutch, wiper blades and shock absorbers.
- It is interesting to note that, with effect from January 1 next year, no reduction in BIK is available where the employee pays for private fuel, road tax, repairs or insurance.
- You will also have to pay an added 10 per cent road tax for each year after your car hits age 10.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.