In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The handling and roadholding are excellent, with a chassis that has been properly stiffened, while some real gems have been found in the Ford parts bin.
- A strict two-seater, with the engine mounted behind the seats, the MR2 is a joy to drive as its handling and roadholding are beyond reproach.
- The RX - 8 is fitted with a dynamic stability system and this is very discreet in operation, allowing an experienced driver to enjoy the car's roadholding and handling without having the experience cut short.
- Naturally enough, the handling and roadholding are different from those of the lighter, front wheel drive version.
- Despite its unusual construction and the additional mass of batteries under the boot floor, the Prius has handling and roadholding at the upper end of its class.
- In the dynamic mix that goes to make up handling, roadholding and comfort, the Vectra comes very close to the ideal.
- Dynamics have not been neglected, however, and handling and roadholding are safe and surefooted, thanks in no small part to the stiffer body construction.
- This means a truly superb ride on all surfaces and handling and roadholding of the highest order.
- Reports from Britain give the car high praise for its handling and roadholding.
- The A4 has a completely new chassis and this endows the car with a fine blend of handling, roadholding and ride.
- Handling, roadholding and passenger comfort were good on smooth Italian roads.
- Dynamically, the latest generation 3 Series is a safe-as-houses car, and most owners will never come anywhere near testing its limits of handling and roadholding.
- The sensitivity of the suspension also affects handling and roadholding.
- Handling and roadholding have been improved, so those put off by the old car's slightly soft responses will find the new one more appealing.
- Sharp steering and ever dependable handling and roadholding complete a very desirable picture.
- The strong chassis ensures that the car feels very solid on even the poorest road surfaces and this is reflected in reliable, vice-free handling and roadholding.
- The bonus is excellent handling and roadholding, with great steering responses and that uncanny ability to make a series of bends seem like a straight road.
- Outstanding roadholding, superb chassis balance and strong brakes put this car in the same league as the top-of-the-range Alfas.
- Handling and roadholding are excellent and, should things show any sign of getting out of hand, a plethora of electronic aids will come to the rescue.
- On the other hand, handling and roadholding are of the very highest order, so a prospective owner must sort out his or her priorities.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.