In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1rocanrol masculinorock and roll masculino
- If you've read any of his novels, you are aware that King has an affection for rock and roll.
- Though my first love is rock and roll, classical music has always been able to touch my soul in a different way.
- Their music used electronic amplification, and was more closely allied to the emerging styles of rhythm and blues and rock and roll.
- The band featured a crunching blend of three guitars, lyrics for the ‘every man’ and a grass roots sort of approach to rock and roll.
- The result was a socially-relevant musical - a stunning new genre that seemed just right for a new generation raised on rock and roll.
- The Mamas and The Papas came onto the music scene at a time where popular music was making the transition from folk to rock and roll.
- It was a time of innocence and fun, an era of rock and roll, black and white TV, and invaders from outer space!
- Carlos Santana hails from the days when technical excellence really meant something in rock and roll.
- The clothes, the people, the settings, and the war between rock and roll and disco of the time are dead on.
- There's nothing like straightforward rock and roll to get your blood pumping.
- Unlike most front men in rock and roll, he doesn't have a huge ego.
- Right around that time was the emergence of rock and roll and I lived it.
- My heart belongs to rock and roll, and that is the music I performed for nearly 20 years.
- As much as the movie tries to deny it, the early '70s were one of the best times for rock and roll.
- In rock and roll, the best and most influential bands are not always the most successful.
- Popular music (be it rock and roll, rhythm and blues, country, folk, rap, or whatever) has the power to express and regulate our emotions.
- There is only one band that systematically gets cited whenever the concepts of heavy metal and hard-driving rock and roll are discussed.
- Holly pioneered the dark, fast beat of rhythm and blues, and let bop become rock and roll.
- With eerie accuracy, it intimated the upcoming split in American society begat by Vietnam, rock and roll, and a new drug culture.
- They may look weird, but they are the closest rock and roll has come to real art since Frank Zappa.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.