In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The longer a seedling takes to emerge, the greater the possibility of stand loss to crusting, disease, insects, and rodents.
- In the dark oil Rats, the rodents swarm in a mass around the corner of a windowless red-brick building, perhaps a factory.
- Clean around the bins too, removing high grass, weeds, spilled grain, and debris that attracts insects, rodents, woodchucks and other undesirable wildlife.
- Meat, bones, grease, whole eggs, and dairy products should not be added because they can attract rodents.
- ‘In dairy plants, the biggest issue is flies and the next is rodents,’ he says.
- However, the second cell must be maintained to keep weeds from growing or rodents from burrowing and potentially damaging the liner.
- Additionally, rodents like gophers may chew on the tapes and leaks can be difficult to repair since they require digging the tapes out.
- The lines are covered with crushed gravel and have eliminated flooding while also deterring tunneling rodents and preventing grass from growing into the houses.
- Biosolids for land application must pass standards for pathogen levels, concentrations of polluting metals, and for attracting flies, rodents and other disease carriers.
- Using a standardized checklist, the vets will be looking for practices that would prevent the herd's exposure to infected rodents or wildlife, such as raccoons or foxes, or to raw garbage.
- He shrugs off any discomfort of sharing space with rodents and other wildlife that live in the thatched canopies.
- She discovered, however, that the stored candy attracted the interest of insects and rodents.
- The phenomenon had been found in rodents, but not in swine.
- Gophers are rodents and have large incisors, like squirrels and mice, that are used for gnawing.
- It also may provide protected chewing access for small rodents and other animals, which can severely injure the bark and cambium.
- Voles are small, mouselike rodents that exist throughout Nebraska.
- To control rodents our region is rich in natural predators, by that I mean rattlesnakes.
- He tells the concierge M. Michel about the rat, but the concierge refuses to believe that there are rodents in his building.
- RB51 did not cause visible signs of disease in birds, rodents, or other wild species.
- All electric components should be sealed to prevent bugs, dust or rodents from damaging components, which could lead to system failure or personal injury.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.