In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Set against the sweeping vistas of Wyoming and Texas, it is the story of a range-hand and a rodeo cowboy who meet in the summer of 1963 and unexpectedly forge a lifelong connection.
- He is a motherless boy with an irresponsible alcoholic father, a fading rodeo star, who has trouble holding down a job and keeping the household together.
- The portraits - one depicting a black female rodeo rider, the other a white male steer wrestler - are, at 20 by 16 inches each, modest in scale.
- Even at the rodeo, I would paint the guys before or after, but not on the bulls.
- All of his movies seem to be the same, except for that one where he wore a cowboy hat and they tried to rope and hogtie him at the rodeo.
- Sometimes, after rodeos, he would sing country songs at the dances.
- The catalyst for the piece, as Carlson instructed us in advance, was a spell of aphasia resulting from an accident she sustained while studying rodeo skills.
- Jane smiled to herself as she walked back into Ty's room; she couldn't wait to go to the rodeos with him.
- The electric bull gives city folk the means to live out their rodeo aspirations.
- I'm doing a college paper on rodeos, more specifically Saddle Bronc Riding, and I was wondering if you could tell me a little bit about it?
- In Fort Worth horses evoke rodeo and Baltimore is home to the Preakness Stakes, one of the races that make up the triple crown.
- It didn't help his ego that Ty was doing better than him in the rodeos this year.
- They had a ranch there, and put on rodeos for the public as well.
- May, who lives in a seedy motel on the edge of the Mojave Desert, has for years conducted an illicit affair with a rodeo cowboy named Eddie.
- An electrical engineer in Florida, he has participated in competitive rodeos since age 10.
- Cade was moving towards the squeeze chute that restrained the cow while the injection was given, the same contraption Erin had seen rodeos use when cowboys mounted the steers.
- Once out west, the bus makes a scheduled stop in Fairfield where the annual rodeo is in progress.
- Romantic comedies rank near the bottom of my list of entertainment preferences, just above professional wrestling and rodeo.
- Jane thought, amazed, that there honestly wasn't one thing about rodeos she didn't find absolutely entertaining.
- I worked with horses, broke the young ones, rode in the rodeos.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.