In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cine Teatropapel masculinoto play / interpret a role — hacer / interpretar un papel
- she was cast in the role of the daughter — le dieron el papel de la hija
- title/star/leading/supporting role — papel protagónico/estelar/principal/secundario
- The film also uses actors not known for quality feature film acting or stage roles.
- For the role of the ventriloquist in Magic I got some training from a guy called Denis Allwood.
- She has the presence to carry the film, and the supporting roles are well-cast.
- The studio then had her appear in cameo roles in two more films.
- Still, this has to be a role that every actress in Hollywood would surely have done anything to play.
- He had a major zombie role in the film and was preparing for a big time attack scene later in the shoot.
- Her sister Lynn's performance in this film could also move her into more acting roles.
- Linney and Aykroyd serve as the film's villains and do quite a lot with small roles.
- Last she got to play varied kind of roles in films like Kastoorimaan where she had an author-backed role.
- It was a great role for a genre film - you don't normally get to do much beyond screaming and running.
- It was nice to play a leading role in a film, be given that responsibility and to be the driving force in the movie.
- In a film requiring clearly drawn roles, the cast is almost totally interchangeable.
- He also was prone to filing lawsuits and making absurd financial demands to do even cameo roles in films.
- Most of the major roles were cast with actors I already knew and with whom I had acted earlier in my career.
- He has his cast so involved in the film and in their roles that they seem to inhabit the parts they play.
- The three who did come to play these roles in the film were all under contract to Paramount at the time.
- He plays on the brooding darkness that is present in almost all of his film roles, taking it up a notch for this role.
- I am looking for variety in roles and luckily all the films that I am doing have different subjects.
- He's just one of a number of actors in small roles who add plenty of class to the film.
- He demonstrates that even in a few scenes, he can still fulfill the promise his early film roles showed.
2(function)papel masculinorol masculinowhat role does she play in the company? — ¿qué papel desempeña / cuál es su rol en la compañía?
- in a reversal of their usual roles — cambiándose los papeles
- Discuss the role of euphemisms in disguising something that is inherently bad.
- At about the time of the Russian Revolution he had become interested in politics and in the role art could play in society.
- Both men are suspicious of each other, fully aware of the roles they are meant to play in society.
- This remarkable reversal of roles is the film's strongest dynamic and occurs between virtually all the characters.
- What is her role as a mother and ultimately what is her feminine strength?
- In particular, they were a product of the treatment of women and their role in society at the time.
- It had been clear to me, even if only in a diffuse sense, that film would play a role in my life.
- Cohesion funding assumed a central role in budgetary politics in the late 1980s with the arrival of the Iberian states.
- In recent years, the 64 year-old mother of six took a pivotal community leadership role, promoting reconciliation.
- He said education had played a pivotal role in the economic development of many countries.
- Let it be clear that I do believe that the National Gallery has a vital role to play in the new South Africa.
- Despite such criticism, he defends the right of great nations to assume prominent roles on the world stage.
- What part of ourselves was lost when we assumed our respective roles?
- If you then look at these European films, these are films where the role of the director is much bigger.
- The finance office performs a vital role in the process - they have the money.
- We talked a bit about art and writing and the role of artists and writers in society.
- One of the military's major roles here is functioning as paid mercenaries and security guards for oil companies.
- In part that has arisen out of misunderstanding about its changing role as a custodian of art and architecture.
- During the first part of Hals's career the militia companies continued to play a vital role in the defence of each city.
- She stopped everything to care for her mother and assumed the caregiver role in the domestic sphere.
3Psicología Sociologíarol masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.