In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1copos de avena masculinoQuáker masculino Cono Sur marca registrada
- As a grain, oats can be found in foods such as enriched cereals and breads; as rolled oats, in oatmeal; and as oat bran, in muffins or other baked foods.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine rolled oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, flour, bran, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom.
- The beer is brewed with two-row pale and specialty malts, rolled oats, roasted barley, wheat and four types of hops.
- The scrubbing action of rolled oats helps release trapped dirt and oil from clogged pores.
- I eat a balanced diet, including as much whole grains as possible - a breakfast with rolled oats helps - and a variety of fruits and vegetables year round.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.