In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1católico masculinocatólica femenino
- Henry VIII was a Roman Catholic and the head of this church was the pope based in Rome.
- The Pope believes in theistic evolution, although some Roman Catholics are still creationists.
- Smithson, who had been confirmed as a Roman Catholic in 1950, intended these early works as vehicles of an intensely felt religious faith.
- Evangelicals and Roman Catholics can agree that Jesus is Lord.
- Mary is venerated by many Roman Catholics as the Mother of God.
- I also happen to be a Roman Catholic - a Roman Catholic convert.
- If so it can be made compatible with conversion as some Roman Catholics argued.
- You felt that the only thing to do after he had finished talking about Newman was to become a Roman Catholic.
- It only happens to Roman Catholics and Orthodox Jews.
- Historically, the role of Mary has been a subject of deep controversy between Protestant churches and Roman Catholics.
- Up front I will tell you several things; I am a Roman Catholic; I have always found your take on events to be even-handed and finally; I could see your scathing review coming months ago.
- Not surprisingly, Roman Catholics are at their strongest in Greater Glasgow and Lanarkshire.
- First, November 1st is All Saints Day, a Holy Day of Obligation for Roman Catholics.
- Albanians in the United States are primarily Orthodox Christians, Roman Catholics, or Muslims.
- Although a Roman Catholic, his staunch Toryism made him acceptable in the University.
- For example, if a Roman Catholic parish holds a congregational vote and decides to start following Buddha instead, there's no question who's in charge.
- The majority of French immigrants to the United States have been Roman Catholic.
- In 1929 he became Australia's first Roman Catholic and Australian-born Labor Prime Minister.
- And so another day had begun at All Saints Roman Catholic Secondary School, York.
- No, she reasoned, Limbo was more of a Roman Catholic, Christian notion.
- My parents, a Roman Catholic priest and a nun, kept their vows of celibacy and met after each had left the clergy.
- The Dominican Republic has traditionally and predominantly been a Roman Catholic nation.
- If you don't believe me, I know some Roman Catholic families what can set you straight.
- Nine of the 12 jurors are Roman Catholic, The judge is Roman Catholic.
- I am told that one must be a Roman Catholic priest in order to be a Jesuit.
- Xavier University is the nation's only historically black Roman Catholic college, whose roots go back to 1825.
- John was a well-known merchant and Mary was the daughter of a Roman Catholic member of the gentry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.