In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(house/car) amplio(car/house) espacioso(coat/trousers) amplio(trousers/coat) holgado(handbag/pocket) amplio
- The cabin is more spacious, the boot is more roomy and even the smallest 200K engine offers a decent level of power.
- This two bedroom house offers bright and surprisingly roomy accommodation.
- The case is crying out for modding, and the space that's there makes it plenty roomy for installing a watercooling system and extra lighting.
- The dining room is filled with modern furniture, muted lighting and roomy booths, though the other tables are quite tight.
- This roomy house offers coastal views from nearly all its rooms.
- On the opposite side of the hall is the roomy living/dining room, which has an open fireplace with marble surround.
- The house was small, yet when one entered it suddenly seemed spacious and roomy.
- She turned sharply and opened a door leading to a roomy room with a table and some closets at the end.
- The basis for its conclusion was that the main reason for moving from the old home was to acquire more roomy accommodation generally.
- It is unusual to find such a roomy apartment in this price bracket close to the city centre.
- Straight ahead is the living room; this is bright and roomy with polished wooden floors and a large window to the front.
- The open-plan lounge and dining room offer bright and roomy accommodation.
- The area between the cooktop workspace and a roomy prep island is wide enough for two people to navigate.
- This property should appeal to those seeking a roomy house within a short distance.
- The good looks encapsulate a roomy cabin that offers plenty of space for passengers and drivers alike.
- Once you have settled in, you find that the seats are very roomy and there is ample space for two very large adults.
- An old fashioned pantry leads off it, with rows of neat shelving which would be roomy enough to convert to a cloakroom/utility room.
- Completing the accommodation are two further bedrooms, both roomy doubles with polished timber floorboards.
- The interconnecting kitchen/dining room is located in the extension and is very roomy.
- The roomy apartment was decorated with expensive adorns and everything was in its right place.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.