In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1raíz o tubérculo comestible como la zanahoria, el boniato etc
- For the candied root vegetables: Divide vegetables by type into four separate saucepans and cover each with simple syrup.
- If you'd like to extend the harvest of carrots, turnips and other root vegetables, leave some in the ground to mulch as the weather gets colder.
- The most popular of all root vegetables (after potatoes) is the carrot, which represents 14% of vegetable sales at £31 million.
- And I decided to bake the two remaining ones: baking is my favorite cooking method for root vegetables, it brings out their sweetness in a delightful way.
- Each will convince you how healthy, light, and flavorful root vegetable dishes can be.
- The winter and early spring diet comprised preserved pork, bread, beans, and root vegetables - filling, if monotonous.
- Another convincing reason to grow beets, in contrast to such root vegetables as carrots or potatoes, is the speed at which they produce a crop.
- Whether you prefer your beets as a root vegetable, a cooked green vegetable, or as an attractive addition to your salad mix, it's time to explore this nutritious, delicious and versatile crop.
- The taro, an Asian root vegetable, imparted a purple glow to the cup and tasted like melted bubble gum ice cream - pleasant but very, very sweet.
- Folic acid can be found in green leafy vegetables, root vegetables, mushrooms, fruit, nuts and pulses.
- The onion rings were about as far removed from the original root vegetable as you can get.
- Traditionally a mix of beef and root vegetables in a crusty shell, the pasty was easy for tin or copper miners to take along and eat on the go.
- Trudy had taken all of the dried fruits and meats she could find at home, she also brought root vegetables with her like potatoes, beets and a few turnips.
- Cassava, a hardy root vegetable, is drought-resistant, and will survive when other crops fail due to lack of rainfall.
- There was time for more climbing and hiking in the summer, and then came canning, the root vegetable harvest, and weeks of chopping firewood for the winter.
- I particularly like the taste of parsnips, but you could substitute other root vegetables (carrots, turnips, celery-root) or better yet, use a mix of several.
- Buried in this dirt, which remained cool but didn't freeze in the winter - were potatoes, carrots, turnips, and other root vegetables.
- Winter root vegetables contain several nutrients, including calcium, magnesium and vitamin C for the optimum function of the immune system.
- We like it with root vegetables, especially potatoes, as well as summer squash.
- Parsnips are root vegetables like carrots, but unlike carrots they do not resent being grown in soil that has been recently fertilised.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.