In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Club de Rotarios masculinoRotary Club masculino
- As the project's name denotes, local Rotary clubs have also played a significant role in raising $500,000 for the $2.8-million project.
- Overall, Rotary clubs in Britain and Ireland have given more than £6million to the emergency appeal.
- They've become regular speakers at western Pennsylvania churches, Rotary clubs and schools drumming up support, money and supplies.
- Each individual Rotary club will then choose a school or youth organisation winner, eligible to take part in an inter-club competition.
- They put a proposal to the five local Rotary clubs to encourage indigenous people into nursing studies.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.