In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cocinaroulade femeninorulada femenino
- If that was not enough Bruno and Fredi then offered a beef and veal roulade in a red wine sauce, surrounded most decoratively with mashed potatoes in swirls.
- Place a slice of roulade on top of each of the brioche rounds.
- Low tea is the tea in which crustless sandwiches, petit fours, and salmon roulades are likely to be served.
- For the roulade: On a half sheet pan covered with plastic wrap, lay out the prosciutto slices, slightly overlapping.
- Stuffed octopus, squid, and cuttlefish are served with a tomato sauce, while a roulade of beef known as bragoli is served with gravy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.