In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in poker)escalera real femeninoflor imperial femenino
- If you know your royal flush from your full house, or your straight flush from your three of a kind, then sitting in front of the computer competing in the online College Poker Championships could be the ideal way to spend a Sunday evening.
- It's the equivalent to sitting down to a game of poker and being dealt a royal flush with your first hand.
- The object of the game is to get 4-of-a-kind, a five-card straight, a straight flush or a royal flush.
- In Poker, if I'm dealt a royal flush, I need only concern myself with how much I'm going to win.
- What use is a royal flush if no one else is betting?
- Mary - a volunteer worker - struck lucky when the croupier at her table in the George Street casino dealt her a royal flush of hearts - a queen, king, jack, ace and 10.
- In some games certain cards are wild - either the deuces or a joker added to the deck - and in some games there is a cumulative jackpot which is won by a high hand such as a royal flush.
- Under the rules of the game if a player gets a straight flush they win ten per cent of the pot and if they get a royal flush they win it all.
- We have visited this particular boat since it opened about six years ago, but I had never hit a royal flush there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.