In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jalea real femenino
- Live food refers to those food items which still retain all of their micro-nutrients: especially sprouted seeds, sprouts, fresh pollen, royal jelly, edible flowers, seaweed, and aromatic herbs.
- Produced by glands in worker bees' heads, royal jelly is fed to larvae and the adult queen bee.
- In 2003, the value honey bees added to U.S. crops was estimated at $10 billion, not including the honey, beeswax, and royal jelly also produced.
- Apart from honey, they produce beeswax, propolis, royal jelly and bee pollen, all of which have significant medicinal and cosmetic applications.
- Only the queen larvae are continually fed royal jelly.
- Taiwan's honey bees are now seen as valuable both for their ability to pollinate plants as well as their ability to produce honey, royal jelly and propolis.
- The lack of royal jelly creates sterile workers.
- The whole range of 150 products - including one for mature skins - is made from natural products, like honey, royal jelly and beeswax, comfrey and carrot seed.
- After years of treating ourselves to herbal cures such as royal jelly and evening primrose oil, the nation is now under the spell of St John's wort.
- Besides producing natural health products, such as honey and royal jelly, honeybees are also very valuable insects as pollinators
- The queen, having been fed on royal jelly for the first few days of her life, lives for up to five years; the workers last a mere six weeks.
- Beekeepers also harvest small amounts of beeswax and royal jelly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.