In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(fabric) aplicar una capa de goma sobre(fabric) aplicar una capa de caucho sobre
- Modern bags are often made from tanned sheepskin cut to shape, rubber, or rubberized cloth.
- Its wings were stacked against the wall and adjacent to them was a very long rope made of some rubberised sort of material.
- Knobs include a choice of either thermoplastic elastomer material that provides a rubberized, soft-touch feel, or a polypropylene material for a hard-finish feel.
- Two vibrating motors deliver all the bumps and jostles you'd expect, and it's even got rubberized grips to help keep you from dropping it when you get excited.
- On the day of the study, subjects wore what they normally wore to work: rubberized apron, gloves and boots layered above cotton clothes.
- I found I had to be more careful pushing them to avoid making an error, particularly when dialing with one hand, than I have to do when using my regular phone, which has rubberized buttons that are slightly raised.
- Using a small rubberized skeleton, she demonstrates how the actions of the head affect file whole spine.
- It features an 8-inch touch-navigation screen and rubberized handgrips that vibrate for heightened effect.
- Avoid rubberized materials, as they don't allow perspiration to evaporate.
- The unit consists of three inflatable tubes of heavily rubberized canvas duck.
- The gloves have a rubberized non-slip grip and gel padding and are supported by a one-year warranty.
- The rubberized, non-slip nosepiece was easy to bend to fit.
- These totally rubberised speedbreakers do reveal their presence with their vibrant yellow and black colours.
- A bladder layer contained rubberized nylon to hold air during compression.
- It has soft-touch rubberised plastic or fabric in every area likely to come into contact with your hands, such as the seatbelt holders and sun-visors.
- The mouse is made in two halves - the upper half has a nice matt texture, and the bottom half is rubberised plastic.
- I also added flashing yellow lights in the rear window, and a police-style spotlight and rubberized push bumper to the front.
- The rubberized seal around the hatch began to hiss as air from the corridor was sucked inside.
- The denims are coated with a clear, rubberized coating, which is fairly rigid but can be broken down and softened in washes.
- The keyboard surround is also black, but more importantly, it's finished in a tactile, rubberised coating which feels just great when you rest your wrists on it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.