1rugby masculinobefore noun rugby player — jugador de rugby masculino
- We see how excited people get when England start winning at cricket, football or rugby.
- Competition between the constituent nations of the United Kingdom got under way almost as soon as the sports of association and rugby football had their rules agreed.
- What pleases me is that they are playing great rugby football, and the whole team are smiling a lot.
- You can give them all the money in the world, they won't improve their standard of rugby football unless they get better competition.
- Football is kicking rugby off the top spot at some of the region's leading public schools.
- Keen frosts had slowly given way to warmer weather and after a fortnight's hold-up rugby football and hockey teams were able to play.
- Michael hopes to continue playing golf but accepts that his rugby playing days are over.
- As a teacher Andy worked at the City of London School, where he coached cricket and rugby.
- Satellite television carries cricket, football and rugby every day of every week.
- Open rugby was impossible in strong winds, as the ball was constantly blown off course.
- Both sides play a similar open style of rugby which should produce a fine spectacle.
- He was a school monitor, head of Clifton Rise house and played for the first team at both rugby and hockey.
- The laws of a game like rugby football differ from norms of conduct enforced by the courts.
- Anyone participating in serious competitive games of rugby football must expect to receive his or her fair share of knocks, bruises, strains, abrasions and minor bodily injuries.
- In perfect conditions for rugby football, the team was playing with pace and precision, looking to move the ball at every opportunity.
- In rugby, the ratio of the hand pass to the kick is much lower than in Gaelic football.
- They're really getting behind the team and seem to be genuinely enjoying their rugby.
- He's also very keen on sports, he's very keen on rugby football.
- This is a weakness in the club structure and is something we are investing heavily in to promote tennis, rugby football and athletics.
- I still love playing rugby and tennis and I have no problem getting about the pitch or the court.
- En el rugby, los equipos tratan de llevar la pelota, de forma ovalada, o darle con el pie hacia la línea de gol del equipo contrario a fin de marcar un ensayo (try). Pueden obtener más puntos con una conversión (conversion), es decir, lanzando la pelota con el pie por entre los postes de la portería contraria. También se pueden ganar más puntos con los penalty goals y los drop goals o puntos marcados tirando a la portería con el pie, durante el juego. Los dos sistemas, el de la Rugby League y el de la Rugby Union, difieren ligeramente en cuanto a las normas y al tanteo. Los equipos de la primera, están compuestos por trece jugadores, los de la segunda por quince. Los jugadores de Rugby League siempre han sido profesionales, mientras que en la Rugby Union el profesionalismo fue aceptado solo en 1995.