In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reglamento masculinoto do sth by the rulebook — hacer algo de acuerdo a las normas (establecidas)
- There is no "party line" in feminism, there is no "feminist rule-book."
- Now they will be mired for at least a year in discussions about their party rulebook, followed by a leadership battle.
- There's a rulebook, but we only hear about three of its provisions.
- I still think coaches should be reading the rulebook through once a month.
- I have no idea when the rule governing substitutes was added to the rule book nor the reason for all the restrictions.
- As punk exposed the shortcomings of the behemoths of rock, so rap tore up the rulebooks of pop.
- The first thing to do is check the rule book.
- There is no rule book to follow for the marketing and publicity execs at Warner Bros.
- Too bad your boss read the same rule book for his Harvard MBA.
- So maybe the problem is thinking sins are relative to some arbitrary and ad hoc rulebook, rather than to our very nature and being.
- Between us we could probably re-write the rule book.
- If the referees call the game in the manner in which the rule book dictates, trapping might not even be an issue.
- Whatever, following the game, crew chief Mike Reilly, with rulebook in hand, supported Cooper.
- The pharmacist even showed my wife the rule book.
- Players in vulnerable positions need to be protected by the rulebook.
- The rulebook was developed and evolved over time, many many years, by interested pilots.
- It is Part C of the rule book, and it came into force on 1 March of this year.
- From the arguments, you can see there unfolds a contradictive rule book.
- A constitution is a skeleton, a framework, not a complete rulebook.
- Many delegates were concerned about the implications for democracy of the new rule book.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.