In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1fallo masculinoresolución femeninoto give / make a ruling that … — fallar / resolver que …
1(in power)(monarch) reinantethe ruling Party — el partido en el poder
- the ruling classes — las clases dirigentes
- On Aristotle's view, a community of any sort can possess order only if it has a ruling element or authority.
- The council's housing panel is expected to refer a 3.88 per cent rent rise to the authority's ruling executive for approval when it meets next Monday.
- The ruling coalition's campaign ignores criticisms and presents the image of a party destined to govern.
- Most people continue to make the mistake that the Democrats are an opposition party when in fact they are best understood as junior partners in a ruling coalition.
- Generally an elected assembly is dissolved only if there is crisis in the house or if a ruling coalition breaks down.
- At that time, it was accepted that the ruling authority would proclaim a State religion and proscribe all others.
- A State's military ideology is also biased to the extent to which it expresses the views of a country's supreme ruling authority.
- The town hall drama has left the authority without a ruling administration and political parties remain at loggerheads over its future.
- Some Communist leaders' statements have led to apprehensions among the ruling coalition about the Left's outside support.
- Features of a knightly ruling class still indirectly influence Hispanic societies, including those in the United States.
- They currently are part of the ruling coalition along with the left-wing Labor Party.
- Mr. Dixit is also concerned about the slowing down of economic reforms in the country, owing to inner contradictions within the ruling coalition.
- To think that a ruling coalition will allow its nominated prime minister to be defeated in an election is inconceivable.
- The authority of the ruling family was challenged several times in the latter half of the twentieth century.
- The show of nuclear capability should be placed in the context of the fragile political base on which India's new ruling coalition rests.
- Through its influence on the ruling party, the association forced Japan's Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare to take heed and dictated much of healthcare policy.
- The plan will be presented by the county authority's ruling Conservative group to a meeting of the governing executive on Tuesday.
- The right-wing ruling coalition in Italy, led by Prime Minister Berlusconi, is a strong ally of American President Bush in many issues, above all on foreign policy.
- It all depends on how much support the ruling coalition gets from the Opposition.
- This was a world of short life expectancy, poor nutrition and daily conflict with the ruling authority and nature.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.