- The U.S. imposed the ban on all Canadian ruminant products and by-products in May, following the discovery of a case of bovine spongiform encephalopathy, or mad cow disease, on a farm in Alberta.
- Caribou and muskox are included in the ruminant category, which means Nunavut country food products can't be sold overseas until the ban is lifted
- Groups of ruminant steers had settled down in the shade of old oaks.
- He was interested in improving digestive processes within the rumen, the first of the four stomachs of ruminant animals, where cellulose is broken down by bacteria.
- Forage crops and native rangelands are vital to U.S. livestock interests, since they're the main feed staple of all ruminant animals tied to the meat and dairy industries.