In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1filete de cadera masculinochurrasco de cuadril masculino Río de la Plata
- The fillet or rump steaks are delectable and reasonably sized, served with an array of mouth-watering sauces.
- The most popular steak dish is the 300g rump steak with béarnaise sauce and chunky chips and garden salad.
- I successfully ordered a rump steak with chips and peas and Mexican chicken with chips and salad.
- But my dinner of a 5oz rump steak was only 3 quid, hot, tender and tasty.
- The menu boasts everything from rump steaks to bangers and mash - and there are jackets and baguettes available too.
- The most expensive dish on the menu - a 16 oz rump steak served with onion rings, tomato and mushrooms - cost only £12.95.
- This is how to cook a 2.5cm thick rump steak so that it's nice and rare in the middle.
- In the old days you didn't mind a good bit of fat on a rump steak.
- I'll never stop eating meat, especially the crackling off roast pork and blood-oozing rump steaks but I admit I haven't made much of a hole in Europe's beef mountain.
- The rump steak was succulent and was served with creamy mash, although the overcooked ratatouille let the dish down.
- I chose the rump steak, which was served with a baked tomato and buttered mushrooms.
- The 10 oz rump steak is half the meaty price it costs today at just £7.95.
- Heat 5ml oil in a pan and cook 225g lean beef rump steak alongside 1 small onion, sliced.
- The food was good (I had oysters, rump steak and a mixed dessert platter) the wine was cheap and plentiful and the company excellent.
- At World Sports, the menu included the Shaq 32 rump steak and the Air Jordan chicken (with pumpkin purée).
- I chose risotto with asparagus, clams and octopus carpaccio to start, followed by rump steak and polenta.
- You don't have to go far to fall over a deer in these parts and the venison rump steak with gravy and rowan jelly was undoubtedly local.
- Pound per metric pound, it's cheaper to buy rump steak than it is pork tongue.
- The rump steak was especially succulent, the chicken in tomato and basil sauce, lamb and mint koftas and beef kebabs moist and tender.
- Pan-frying is a good way to cook rump steaks or chops, which are at their juiciest when served well-seared on the outside and pink inside.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.