In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1reparaciones de mantenimiento femenino
- A Cityrail spokesperson admitted the electrical workers could shut down the whole train system if running repairs to the electrical system are not made as problems occur.
- We can do a limited amount of running repairs, but the problem is that you can't actually make these components ourselves.
- The trolley capacity is about 1,000 lb, which is ample for the handling of such light fittings as would come under running repairs.
- Packing a small adjustable spanner and a set of Allen keys will make sure you can do those last-minute running repairs.
- At present contractors are attempting to carry out running repairs during the normal night closure and at weekends but this is causing problems as the work overruns cause chaos in the morning rush hour.
- The string was for making any running repairs if any part of the harness should break or come adrift, the knife to cut the string and to pierce the leather to make the repair; and the shilling in case you needed to use a phone box to call home.
- Only five of the team that started at Filbert Street figured in Saturday's first 11-illustrating the running repairs that have been needed to keep the bandwagon rolling.
- The grants are used for running repairs and maintenance in the country's 3,300 primary schools.
- Your turntable was old, like everything else, and often required running repairs from your airbrake man, the only pneumatic authority on the property.
- Glasgow City Council, which owns the church, argues that over the past 40 years it has insured the building, kept it watertight and in use, and will address any running repairs.
- The first half was all stop-start, thanks to his attention to detail at the breakdown and also the running repairs required by him.
- The work was light by any standards, and any running repairs could be dealt with in the luminous summer nights, and there was all winter to deal with more serious.
- The men from Rochdale Fire Station's White Watch heard of the impending disaster and they nipped round to the Newbold, school to carry out running repairs to the pond and then fill it up.
- Crews will have to carry all the spares and service equipment needed to carry out running repairs on the road in a three day test of endurance for the cars and crews.
- If the full cuts are made, running repairs such as pothole patching, gritting, street lighting, verge and gully maintenance will be reined back unless Council Tax payers plug the spending gap.
- The Hefer Commission was part of these running repairs.
- However, the building has been in steady decline and, five years ago, the church forked out £50,000 to pay for running repairs.
- House of Fraser, who managed it, had to spend so much money on running repairs that there was nothing left for the necessary upgrade only 15 years later.
- This half of the building was empty while stalls 18 through 32 were still busy with the day to day routine of steam locomotive inspections, service, and running repairs.
- ‘Engineers do not build collapsing structures or exploding machinery then call it a bug and carry out running repairs until the next attempt,’ he notes acidly.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.