In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1hora pico femenino América Latinahora punta femenino Españabefore noun we got caught in the rush-hour traffic — nos pilló el tráfico de la hora punta España
- As the rush hour reached its peak this morning, traffic slowed to a crawl.
- He looked out the window, the rush hour traffic had virtually stopped now.
- Last night police were forced to cordon off nearby roads and reroute rush hour traffic as toxic fumes poured into the sky.
- Because firefighters had to close one lane of Halifax Road for more than seven hours there were huge rush hour traffic jams.
- He has found it the ideal way to get around during the festive period as he can miss the Christmas rush hour traffic.
- She soothes herself and looks out of the window at the rush hour traffic beneath her.
- Because of the police diversion there were huge hold-ups with rush hour traffic along Whitworth Road.
- Thousands of people joined protests that caused chaos from the morning rush hour right through the evening.
- Average speed of rush hour traffic is now down to a crawl of three miles per hour and experts warn it is set to get worse.
- More cars were added to cope with rush hour traffic and the extra passengers generated by football games and race days.
- The weather was clear and the morning rush hour traffic had already built up and was inching along.
- Dying would have been far more enjoyable than negotiating rush hour traffic whilst in a bizarre trance of denial.
- Morning rush hour traffic was murderous at the best of times, and with something like this going on it was not moving at all.
- In Canterbury there are a number of roads that are desperately needed to unclog the rush hour traffic.
- The Friday rush hour traffic wound its way slowly out of Glasgow city centre and up onto the Erskine bridge.
- At rush hour, I never expect the traffic be good, especially when it is combined with a Friday.
- Vehicles piled up during rush hour traffic at the Bommanahalli junction on Hosur Road.
- However, traffic was moving extremely slowly during the rush hour period.
- Anyone who has driven through the rush hour traffic on the back of Bangkok motorbike taxi will know what I mean.
- He could not stop in the rush hour traffic and worried about her for the rest of the day.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.