In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1arnés de seguridad masculino
- But Coroner Geoff Fell said: ‘It appears he went to level 15 and beyond the safety barriers, and without a safety harness.’
- At least seven construction workers were on the scaffolding at the time, the man said, claiming, too, that one of them climbed up the scaffolding without a safety harness.
- A window cleaner who plunged 45 ft to his death from a third-floor window ledge must not have had his safety harness fastened, an inquest heard.
- While Leonard had been wearing a safety harness some time before the fall, a senior police office on the scene said: ‘We are assuming he was unhooked.’
- Also, never forget to fasten your safety harness.
- Lead instructor Alan Taylor, who has a reassuring Scottish accent, clips me into a safety harness that hangs from a moving trackway.
- It also said that Mr Kneller received inadequate briefing and supervision and should have been given an approved safety harness rather than a restraint belt.
- The court heard that Mr Illingworth was not wearing a safety harness because he found it impracticable and inconvenient.
- Part of the mechanism for hoisting and lowering the mainsail gave way and the only way to fix it was to go aloft - a daunting task, even with a safety harness.
- He smiled to himself as he fastened a safety harness around his chest and anticipated the adventure before him.
- In a split second I went over the side, into the water, and the boat started to drag me alongside by my safety harness.
- This meant climbing to the top of the 80 ft mast in a safety harness, with the yacht plunging in gusts of wind and a choppy sea, and holding on for dear life for five hours while she attached a spare halyard.
- Employed by a subcontractor, the teenager was not wearing a safety harness at the time of the fall and may not have received proper induction training.
- Parcelli, tethered by a safety harness, remained with the Chinook, but Roberts fell to the ground from about five feet.
- Nobody would even think to stop you, attach a safety harness, check the structural integrity of the building, or get the owner of the building to sign liability wavers, etc.
- Despite a sturdy safety harness, Soldini's codesigner and best friend, Andrea Romanelli, was washed overboard, never to be seen again.
- Bryce shrugged and toyed with the strap of his safety harness.
- He obviously hadn't bothered to clamp on the safety harness, either.
- We get some very quick instruction on how to strap ourselves into the safety harness.
- Safety legislation makes the worker wear a helmet or a safety harness, whether he wants to or not.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.