In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(invariable adjective) verde salvia
- She wore a cream-colored gown with a soft, sage-green trim.
- The furniture is powder-coated sage green, so it will not compete with the garden around it, and the pieces are arranged with ease and grace.
- Tucker explains: ‘I used a traditional colour scheme of cream, sage green and terracotta, but gave it a contemporary twist to appeal to a wide range of buyers and tastes.’
- Autumnal shades abound, burnished orange; mauve; burnt umber; ochre; sage green and damson, preferably all in the one outfit.
- Let's say the chaise is sage green and the walls of the room are off-white.
- To make the large, high-ceilinged rooms flow together seamlessly, the designer repeated tones of sage green, raspberry red, and gold in the fabrics.
- A darker color could look good below the chair rail (again sage green, gray, gold or tan would work) with a lighter tint of the same color above.
- Bob's bath has the same style cabinetry, but his space has a more masculine edge with black granite counters, sage green toile wallpaper, and a striped Roman shade at the window.
- ‘The proposed two stone colour scheme of cream and sage green detracts from the overall appearance of the listed building,’ they said.
- Nafas must now cross the desert to Kandahar as a lone woman, outfitted only with a tape recorder, a wad of dollars and the unaccustomed weight of a sage-green burqa.
- Colors often matched with brick red to good effect are deep gold, rich cream, and a pale green, such as a celery, celadon, or sage green.
- In late autumn, the hillside becomes a tapestry of textures in muted shades of gray, silver, and sage green, interspersed with burgundy and red.
- When asked how he came to Zen, Daido Roshi pauses, takes off his sage-green fedora and rubs his clean-shaven head.
- For example, my main colors are sage green, very pale pink, very pale blue, cream, taupe, black and greys from dove to charcoal.
- Available in black, navy blue, royal blue, red, and sage green.
- Each 13x15-inch print is double matted in marbled beige and sage green, mounted under glass, and hand framed in gold-toned wood.
- In One Eye, she has painted bright white albumen that blooms around a broken yolk and streams down the canvas to end up behind the black, gray and sage-green landscape.
- Tee-shirts can be ordered in black, white, sage green, or ash gray.
- Soldiers colors are brown for the Army, sage green for the marines and black or brown for the Air force.
- She had long, honey-colored, brown hair and beautiful sage-green eyes.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.