In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ensalada femeninobefore noun salad servers — utensilios para (servir) ensalada masculino
- I like to prepare my own food and try not to do things that are too complicated, usually vegetables, salads and occasionally fish.
- I hope they run wild on the island, because I used up my five ingredients in the salad.
- You can also use the young leaves of Florence Fennel in salads and other cold dishes.
- Serve this as a light starter or with some slices of mozzarella as a main meal salad for vegetarians.
- Leon received praise for its reasonably priced salads, grilled vegetables, Cajun fish and lamb meatballs.
- People are stopping buying whole-head lettuce and buying bags and trays of prepared mixed salads.
- To make the salad, tear or slice the lettuce and put in a large bowl with the cheese and spring onions or chives.
- The menu features hot and cold salads and starters including maize mozai and pastrami.
- The Nouveau goes well with cold cuts, salads, poultry, meat dishes and cheese.
- This unctuous purée is good served with barbecued lamb cutlets and a green salad, or with cold corned beef or ham.
- The evening meal was also two courses with the main course being some form of meat accompanied with potatoes and either vegetables or a salad.
- 5 Now, toss the salad with the dressing and make mounds in the centre of two serving plates.
- It is still a widely held view that vegetarians eat salad and raw carrots, and miss out on vital nutrients contained in meat.
- My partner and I had the Mediterranean salad and the mushroom gratin to start, for main the salmon fillet and fillet of beef.
- She said Jayne could order a house salad and garlic bread if she wanted, but that would be extra.
- The white flesh has a fine texture, making it suitable for salads, and responds well to all the standard ways of cooking fish.
- The salad was pretty basic: lettuce, a slice of tomato and no dressing that either of us could detect.
- Rocket can be successively sown to provide a leafy injection of pepper to your salads and is ideal for a partially shaded spot.
- Nuts and nut oil are increasingly being used in cooking and can often be a hidden ingredient in dishes such as lasagne, salads and desserts.
- Hey, I even started putting oil and vinegar on my salads instead of salad cream.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.