In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1aliño para ensalada parecido a la mayonesa
- Add some salad cream or mayonnaise, whichever you prefer, and slap between two slices of bread for the ultimate egg mayo sarnie.
- On our table were the usual condiments, plus HP sauce, vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, salad cream, tomato ketchup and Colman's mustard.
- Hey, I even started putting oil and vinegar on my salads instead of salad cream.
- I've made myself salad, which was basically lettuce and salad cream, and a few sandwiches, and that's it.
- I'd had salad before, but only ever with salad cream.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.