In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salaried staff — empleados — que reciben un sueldo mensual, por oposición a los obreros que reciben un jornal, paga semanal etc
- to be in salaried employment — tener un trabajo remunerado
- Apprentices receive salaried contracts of up to fifty-two weeks, with benefits, including health insurance.
- The bulk of the lay-offs involve nearly 1,500 management and salaried employees whose non-union positions will be cut by January 19.
- The present analyses draw participants from the 2,877 wage and salaried workers.
- The white-collar salaried professions, such as public administration and banking, did however, provide the potential for mobility.
- Just keep in mind that there will be a period of low pay as you work yourself from an hourly playability tester into a full-time salaried employee.
- The firm claims the system is designed for companies in which employees are on salaried contracts, rather than hourly rates.
- Senior management will have their Spring performance-related pay rises deferred, while salaried staff receive half of their top-up.
- Hospital doctors are salaried employees of NHS organisations whereas general practitioners operate as independent contractors to the NHS.
- No longer led by volunteers, but rather salaried executives, it started approaching its goals in much the same way a corporation does.
- Three year-round, salaried employees receive free housing on ranch land and health insurance benefits.
- The public is identified with the interactions of a working life: salaried employment, business, professions, the give and take of the market, being out in the world.
- A major division exists between salaried public service employees who have job qualifications and wage-earning public service employees who do not.
- They also did away with commission-motivated salesmen, offering instead advice and guidance from salaried employees operating in the company's own retail network.
- A stream of people queue up from 6.30 pm every weeknight to procure free legal advice offered by volunteers rather than salaried staff.
- For hourly employees, the wage gap is $1,100 and among salaried jobs, women make $14,500 less than men.
- Payroll software must be able to track the payroll of all of employees, whether salaried or waged, temporary or contract.
- You must complete a form if you are a higher-rate taxpayer, are self-employed or have income from a source other than salaried employment, which was taxed at source.
- Those working by the hour should also enjoy welfare insurance like salaried employees.
- But Kuron insists he was no different to anyone else working for the East as a salaried employee with pension rights and holiday entitlement and as a result he paid too much tax and is due a refund from the West.
- Members of the Canadian Navy, Army and Air Force pay full income tax, like every other salaried employee in Canada, and have done so for at least the last 50 years.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.