In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(in shop)vendedor masculinodependiente masculinoa used-car salesman — un vendedor de coches usados / de ocasión / de segunda mano
- There's no question that financial advisers have cleaned up their act in recent years, but there are still too many bad products and ruthless salesmen out there.
- Deposit your cheque in one of these - and don't be conned into buying any financial products by dodgy salesmen and financial advisers!
- Then I moved to Canberra and got a job as a salesman selling histories of surnames and coats of arms.
- My job was to data entry product orders into the computer system, and listen to the salesmen on the phone so I could learn how to sell.
- A born loser, he worked long hours for little money as a salesman in a shoe shop.
- Most such meetings also feature commercial displays and eager salesmen pitching their company's products.
- Thus almost everyone with dependants has a potential need for life insurance, and thus there is a need for life-insurance salesmen.
- Somehow, it seemed that one of their salesmen was selling far more glass than any of the other members of the sales force.
- Many small business owners are also the finance director, the chief salesman and the dispatch clerk.
- Typically, the shares of the new megabank will be sold worldwide, allowing salesmen in every corner of the globe to get a cut.
- The salesman then sold him what my pal thought was a term insurance policy, which only pays out on death and has no cash-in value.
- Despite their sometimes unseemly reputation, car salesmen and saleswomen know how to sell.
- Insurance companies in particular train their salesmen to sell policies to friends and relatives.
2(representative)representante masculinoviajante masculinocorredor masculino Río de la Plataa pharmaceutical salesman — un visitador médico
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.