In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salinoa saline solution — una solución salina
- Acute lung injury induced by saline solution lavage, in contrast to that induced by oleic acid, is known to be stable for a 2-to 4-h period after stabilization.
- All of the specimens were kept moist with physiologic saline solution during specimen preparation, fixation procedures, and biomechanical testing.
- Aerosolized saline solution in the inspiratory circuit is used to humidify the inspired air.
- Immediately after thoracotomy, the pleural cavity was carefully washed with 100 mL of physical saline solution, and the fluid was examined.
- Embryos were extracted from uteri by saline solution lavage on days 2 and 3 of pregnancy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.