- Occasionally people are infected through bodily fluids such as saliva, but this is rare.
- The total daily flow of saliva from all the salivary glands is around 600 ml.
- They were provided with a plastic container and asked to provide 2 ml of saliva by expectoration.
- His lower lip was slack and a dribble of saliva appeared at the corner of his mouth.
- The flu virus is usually spread in the small droplets of saliva coughed or sneezed into the atmosphere by an infected person.
- She turned around only to see a whole pack of wolves standing there, saliva dripping from their open mouths.
- Rabies is mainly transmitted in saliva during a bite from an infected animal.
- I struggled to take long deep breaths and bit hard on the sides of my tongue to bring saliva into my mouth.
- Avoiding refined sugars between meals gives your teeth a chance to be remineralised by saliva.
- When the food doesn't go down, the mouth produces more saliva to try and lubricate everything into submission.
- For the first few days you may produce more saliva than usual, and need to swallow more often.
- My throat was dry and my mouth was filled with a thick, sticky saliva.
- I let out a dry wheeze and reach to wipe the spit and saliva away from my mouth.
- I rolled a pebble round and round inside my mouth, gathering a small pool of saliva, until that too dried up.
- Once the sugary foods have gone from the mouth salts from your saliva act to repair the damaged enamel.