In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1galleta salada femenino
- Once you start eating a bunch of saltines, you're not only parched, but you've instantly got a ball of paste in your mouth that takes lots of chewing to ingest.
- James and I were sharing a packet of saltines, which only lasted about fifteen minutes, but my mom finally told us to sit at the table if we wanted any food.
- If your appetite is gone, simply sip water and nibble on saltines for awhile until you feel like eating again.
- I crushed up the last of the saltines and sprinkled them over the broth.
- Select low-calorie, low-density food options like fresh vegetables or fruits, fat-free pretzels, saltines, etc. for snacks.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.