In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1avión zapador masculinogolondrina parda chica femenino América Latina
- I was in search of migrant birds and I discovered sand martins and my first common sandpiper of the year.
- I also saw some sand martins for the first time in Iraq.
- A number of sand martins currently nest in the upper layer of soil on the cliff at Glengad.
- Here we use a standardized task to measure the impact of manipulated tail streamer lengths on maneuvering flight in the barn swallow and in the sand martin, a closely related species that lacks a streamer.
- In the past week, sand martins, swallows, chiffchaffs, wheaters and ringed plovers have all been seen there.
- Locals supported claims by the Friends of the Irish Environment group that blasting and excavations on the foreshore at Glengad posed a potential threat to the sand martin, a species of bird which is known to nest there.
- For example, they found that 14%, 2.4%, and 1.8% of 167 sand martins Riparia riparia chicks were the result of extra-pair fertilizations, quasi-parasitism, and CBP, respectively.
- This valley is something, with a sombre curtain of serious rock face, oystercatchers, sand martins and where the water cuts deep, a 15 ft vertical bank profile of round rocks like billiard balls.
- The sand martins are buzzing around and around busy feeding young.
- A study of sexual chases in sand martins showed that heavy females (due to natural and simulated egg loads) faced an impaired take-off ability compared to lighter birds.
- Mention of the Golden Gate National Recreation Area's many rare and endangered species drew loud and spirited booing from the audience, who failed to see why a bank swallow or snowy plover should take precedence over Fido.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.