In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1sandalia femeninoa pair of sandals — un par de sandalias
- She wore a simple sandal of light brown on her feet.
- Yet another style for your feet this summer is the merger between running shoes and sandals.
- It is insulting to hit someone with a shoe or sandal, point the soles of one's feet at someone, and step over a person.
- These black leather sandals feature a black leather strap and rubber sole - a classic choice for the classic man.
- Her sandals felt light compared to the thick boots she had been wearing.
- Another popular sandal is the Lagoon sandal, which comes in a wide variety of trendy colors, like blues and greens.
- She was neatly dressed in a blue and white plaid sun dress, and wore high-heeled sandals on her feet.
- Old shoes, new shoes, sandals, sneakers, hi-heels, cowboy boots, clogs, even snow shoes were sent.
- Flip-flop sandals are far and away the single most practical footwear for roaming the beach.
- Sheer nude hose worn with very open toe shoes or sandals looks weird.
- Ending in style, the footwear is chappals or sandals, mostly strappy leather or with sequence.
- I abandoned my shirt for my floral bikini top and my little white tennis shoes for sandals.
- People are swapping their snowshoes and mukluks for sandals.
- Wear high-top hiking shoes or sneakers - never sandals, or your feet will suffer.
- In a more corporate atmosphere, open shoes or strappy sandals are shunned upon, so your toenail color is a moot point anyway.
- It features a sling-back strap, which not only secure the sandal to your foot, but also offers a lovely, sensible heel.
- There doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the shoes, sandals, boots, and flip-flops I see people wearing.
- The only thing the head honcho enforces is that employees wear something on their feet - sneakers or sandals will do.
- Sturdy footwear does not include any type of open-toed shoe or sandal.
- Also consider bringing an extra pair of shoes, such as sneakers or sandals, that do not damage plant life like a heavy boot does.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.