In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- We got pitchers of mojitos and sangria, and I was tipsy in about three minutes.
- Just imagine a place where you can dance all day in your swimsuit, drink sangria or vodka-Red Bull and listen to the best dance music around.
- We've chosen seven wines that come in convenient 1.5-liter bottles, please every palate, taste refreshing when cold, and keep their personality intact when turned into sangrias and spritzers.
- On the day of the gathering, she presented sangria chilled with a dazzling ice ring made from tropical fruits and island nectars.
- Food leans towards European bistro style, while the devilishly handsome bartenders make mean margaritas and fantastic sangria.
- She was a terrible drunk, and would drink anything, cheap sangria, bad beer, expensive champagne, it didn't matter.
- Salsa dancing, Spanish food, from tapas to sangria, and music will be on offer.
- By this time she was permanently in a wheelchair, but still full of life and very fond of sangria and flirting with Spanish waiters.
- Alternatively you can drink sangria or a Valencian variation on that composition.
- The lunch menu featured two Molson Drys for $6 and in the evening there's a whole host of alcoholic beverages to sample, from sangria to daiquiris.
- The first time I got really drunk was on sangria and Sambuca, then after that we'd just buy beer.
- A white wine sangria works with chicken and seafood.
- Another use for peaches is in a white wine sangria.
- Noelie said he ended up drinking sangria on Friday night at the disco on the lawn but he was also of the opinion the ‘town wasn't making money’.
- Tickets in hand, I led the way to the bar, attended again by volunteers, who cheerily poured and served us our selections of sangria, sake and beer.
- In addition to imported cerveza and wine-free sangria that makes you wonder if such a thing should actually exist, there are a couple of Mexican beverages to hydrate you.
- That being said, they have great sangria and sake Martinis.
- Drinks include a variety of margaritas, sangria, tequila, rum and, if you don't drink alcohol, strawberry and mango smoothies.
- Diners come for good food, good wine, and good sangria.
- We sat beneath the streetlights until the bar closed down, enjoying life's passing parade, the warm night air, and cold Spanish sangria.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.