- Sebaceous cysts, fibromas, papillomas, adenomas, sarcomas, carcinomas, and melanomas also have been reported.
- This patient's history and presentation are rather typical for a sarcoma or metastatic carcinoma but not so much for a lymphoma.
- Unlike carcinomas, metastatic sarcomas generally occur deeper and may not ulcerate the mucosa.
- Dacarbazine is a chemotherapeutic agent that has been successfully applied to treat various types of cancer such as Hodgkin's disease, malignant melanomas, soft tissue sarcomas and advanced neuroblastomas.
- The increases were recorded for virtually all tumour types in children, while in adolescents the major changes were seen for carcinomas, lymphomas, soft tissue sarcomas, germ-cell and CNS tumours.