In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sebaceous cysts, fibromas, papillomas, adenomas, sarcomas, carcinomas, and melanomas also have been reported.
- This patient's history and presentation are rather typical for a sarcoma or metastatic carcinoma but not so much for a lymphoma.
- Unlike carcinomas, metastatic sarcomas generally occur deeper and may not ulcerate the mucosa.
- Dacarbazine is a chemotherapeutic agent that has been successfully applied to treat various types of cancer such as Hodgkin's disease, malignant melanomas, soft tissue sarcomas and advanced neuroblastomas.
- The increases were recorded for virtually all tumour types in children, while in adolescents the major changes were seen for carcinomas, lymphomas, soft tissue sarcomas, germ-cell and CNS tumours.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.