In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Cocina Zoologíasardina femeninocanned / (British) tinned sardines — sardinas en lata / enlatadas
- Fish oil supplements are dietary supplements that contain oil from cold-water fish, such as mackerel, salmon, black cod, albacore tuna, sardines, and herring.
- Ideal choices include wild salmon, albacore tuna, sardines, herring, and mackerel; these should come from waters that have relatively low mercury content.
- These are the fatty acids in fish, like salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel.
- After the first planting in the Sacramento, the California commissioners noted that, although there were no shad proper on the Pacific coast, native herring, sardine, and anchovy were of the same family.
- Eating at least three servings a week of fish such as salmon, sardines, mackerel and tuna is a good start.
- Omega three fatty acids are found in greatest amounts in fatty fish such as salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, and whitefish.
- Salmon, tuna, swordfish, mackerel, sardines, anchovies pompano, bluefish - they're forgiving in the kitchen and big enough to take on some bigger beers.
- Reducing the ponzu and sesame makes the sardines taste less like herring from Russ & Daughters.
- Decent dietary sources of vitamin D to include in the diet include kippers, mackerel, sardines and salmon.
- However, if the diet is extremely rich in fish oils, for example, herring, mackerel, sardines and sprats, it may not be necessary to take hemp oil as well.
- The healthy fats found in oily fish such as salmon, trout, mackerel, herring and sardines appear to help raise HDL levels.
- Sources of DHA include, salmon, halibut, mackerel, sardines and herring.
- Salmon, mackerel, herring, sardines, pilchards and fresh tuna are the best source of Omega 3 which is rich in Eicosapentaenoic acid.
- Opt for oily fish such as salmon, sardines, herring and mackerel; and on days that you don't have fish, take a fish oil supplement.
- Other commonly eaten seafoods include sardines, salmon, sole, sea bass, and hake, as well as eel, squid, octopus, and lamprey.
- Dietary sources include eggs, fatty fish such as mackerel, sardines and tuna, vitamin D-fortified foods and vitamin D supplements.
- Fish high in EPA and DHA include salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring, anchovies, rainbow trout, bluefish and white albacore tuna canned in water.
- Oily fish such as herring, kippers, mackerel, pilchards, salmon, sardines and trout, contain oils that can lessen the risk of thrombosis.
- Legered sea baits are proving effective with herring, mackerel, sardine and smelt all worth a try.
- Among the other seafood dishes, we liked the silvery appetizer of pickled sardines and the house lobster chowder, which is peach-colored and stocked with bluefoot mushrooms and squares of smoky bacon.
2sardines(party game)escondite masculino(en el que los que juegan terminan apiñados en un espacio reducido) escondidas femenino América Latina
- Leah, Jeremy, Demi, and Wesley were playing a game of sardines, a variation of hide-and-seek, in the orchard.
- Or discover where Mrs Blair likes to hide when she plays sardines?
- We went to a stately home in Cheshire so they could have a holiday and, on the last night, we played sardines.
- Not much later the whole group played a gigantic game of sardines throughout the church.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.