In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(contentment)satisfacción femeninowith a look of satisfaction on her face — con cara de satisfacción
- satisfaction at sth/-ing — satisfacción por algo/+ inf
- I felt great satisfaction at having solved the problem — sentí una gran satisfacción por haber resuelto el problema
- he expressed his satisfaction at the outcome of the negotiations — expresó su satisfacción por el resultado de las negociaciones
- satisfaction with sth — satisfacción con algo
- satisfaction guaranteed or your money back — si no queda satisfecho, le devolvemos el dinero
- if the product does not give full satisfaction … — si el producto no le satisface plenamente …
- this result is a great satisfaction/no great satisfaction to me — este resultado me produce una gran satisfacción/no me satisface
- I had the satisfaction of seeing them humiliated — tuve la satisfacción de verlos humillados
- I get no satisfaction out of / from seeing them punished — no me produce ninguna satisfacción que los castiguen
- Your reward is some money and the satisfaction of completing a really hard mission.
- And once you get work, you have the satisfaction of knowing you can make it as a model anywhere.
- By saving, individuals indicate a willingness to forgo some more immediate satisfactions for some less immediate satisfactions.
- Naturally there are commodities that are imported, but several of the restaurant owners get satisfaction out of using local produce.
- The only reward is the satisfaction of an intellectual accomplishment.
- Owen refuses to gamble; as the dealer, he's always on the winning side, and he takes a sick satisfaction in watching the customers lose their money.
- Having your own navigator installed in the dash could also be the saviour of relationships, which in the past have been imperilled by one partner's inability to read a map to the satisfaction of the other.
- Still, the breeds are being kept alive by dedicated hobbyists who value the birds for their beauty and the satisfaction of raising them.
- And there's nothing like the satisfaction of crossing stuff off a to do list.
- Huxley surmised that life lived as the satisfaction of one desire after another would result in shallow and egotistical people.
- It was resolved to the satisfaction of all parties.
- I felt a satisfaction in caring for Marian and Aidan like I had never experienced.
- We were constantly rewarded with stunning scenic views and the satisfaction of navigating challenging terrain with ease, but we didn't get very far, as the crow flies.
- And the plot amply delivers the expected satisfactions of an intricate puzzle adroitly solved.
- Teachers can be motivated by external and internal satisfactions.
- Everyone wants to get satisfaction out of his or her job.
- Whatever pleasures or satisfactions can be found are highly dependent on things being exactly the way they are desired.
- I enjoy the satisfaction of bringing justice to those who have been wronged.
- The winter equinox brings with it many small satisfactions as you review your achievements over the last six months, and plan ahead for the coming spring and summer.
- In elementary and middle school I loved the satisfaction and praise I could win by succeeding at the things my school deemed important.
2.1formal (fulfillment)(of desire, needs) satisfacción femenino(of terms, conditions, claim) cumplimiento masculino
- The respondent shall thus pay the applicant the aforementioned sum in full satisfaction of her claim for unjust enrichment within sixty days of this judgment.
- Cordelia maintains that Adrian paid nothing for these assets because they were transferred to her in satisfaction of debts owed to her.
- It provided for a lump sum payment by the Husband to the Wife, in satisfaction of all claims which the Wife might have against the Husband.
- There is nothing in writing from either party that the cheque was to be accepted as payment in full satisfaction of the plaintiffs' accounts.
- The judgment debt is no longer recoverable by the various processes normally available for satisfaction of judgment debts.
2.2formal (reparation)satisfacción femeninoreparación femeninoto demand/receive satisfaction — exigir/recibir satisfacción
- If you can't get satisfaction from your carrier, it's probably better to switch than fight.
- If you don't get satisfaction from state agencies, hire an independent insurance adjuster.
- Candidates can adopt a few simple guidelines to ensure that they get satisfaction when dealing with recruitment agencies.
- And if you don't get satisfaction there, then there probably is a consumer affairs office at your attorney general.
- The victim or those related to the victim should get satisfaction.
- Maybe companies shouldn't spend too much time on customers who can't get satisfaction.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.