In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1salchicha femeninoGerman sausage — embutido al estilo alemán masculino
- you silly sausage! — ¡anda, tontorrón / tontito!
- before noun sausage machine — máquina de hacer salchichas
- There was a hot breakfast, a choice of bacon, eggs, toast, spaghetti, baked beans, porridge sausages and hash browns.
- Take half a pound of pork sausages from the freezer and thaw in microwave.
- Though our story is about poultry, it could just as easily be about the pork chop, sausages, or salami sticks in your shopping basket.
- You've got crusty Italian bread slices topped with pepper jelly and andouille sausage in the middle.
- This is one of my favourite country soups, based on the classic French garbure, a rustic dish of cabbage, bacon and sliced sausage.
- All had a big hearth in the kitchen with an overhanging chimney used to smoke hams and sausage as well as to cook and heat.
- A good selection of chorizo - spicy cured pork sausage - is now available here, although some are spicier than others.
- Squeeze the sausage meat out of the sausages and discard the skins.
- Slice up pieces of Italian sausage onto a bed of lentils.
- Mortadella originated in Bologna, and is made with ground heat-cured pork sausage with lard pieces, then flavored with garlic and anise seed.
- It would be a delicious side for sausages, roasted pork, or roasted chicken, and it would make a welcome bed for a poached egg.
- A craving for smoked sausages and cabbage rolls can definitely be satisfied here.
- The cooked turkey ham or smoked turkey sausage can be quickly sliced onto an entrée.
- She could smell bacon and sausages grilling in the distance and the smell of stew.
- Fry the sausage, or grill if you prefer (I do not), till the skin is golden brown with a few black patches, and swollen to bursting.
- I was delighted to find a wide selection of smoked meats, patés, prosciutto, sausages and cheeses.
- I had a soft, steaming mound of it with some of the butcher's pork and leek sausages the other day, but it would have gone just as well with a Sunday roast.
- In medieval Europe pork was certainly the meat most used in sausages, and pepper was the most common spice.
- Pigs are usually slaughtered before Christmas, smoked, made into sausage, and preserved for use throughout the year.
- The sandwich is a slice of black or white bread with butter and cheese or sausage, slices of fresh tomato, radish, or cucumber.
- The menu here is diverse and includes albacore ceviche, crispy pizza with chorizo sausage, and Muscovy duck confit with white beans.
- Roggen or rye beers make suitable escorts for the highly spiced style of pastrami, fennel, or pepper riddled salami and sausage.
- There was a man in the kitchen grilling sausages when he arrived in search of breakfast.
- The slices of deep red sausage had the pungent flavour of barbecued pork, quite similar to a sweet beef jerky.
- The buffet is packed with stuff like sirloin, pork, shrimp, calamari, chicken, andouille and smoked sausage, as well as hamburger and hot dogs.
- I would also be happy to drink this midweek with sausages or grilled lamb chops.
- This simple pasta dish combines pork sausages with fresh fennel bulbs in a soft, subtly anise-flavoured sauce for spaghetti.
- A chef was stationed at one end to cook omelettes and serve bacon, sausages and black pudding.
- What goes into sausages is top quality meat, cut away when we chop the prime joints from a carcass and then trim the special cuts in the shop.
- Slice the chorizo sausages thickly, on the diagonal.
- Where do you find the best value baked beans, sausages, ketchup and white sliced bread?
- Try salty, spicy or smoked meats, such as ham, sausage, cold cuts or wieners.
- ‘They also kept the customs of smoking fish and smoking sausage, which they called kielbasa,’ Ray says.
- Monday was the day for boudin; Tuesday for andouillettes and chitterling sausages.
- This is a seasoned smoked sausage made of mixed meats, such as beef, pork, and veal.
- The centrepiece is a bowl of stewed black beans, pork on the bone, pork sausages, chunks of beef, and garlic fried to a crispy gold.
- This box for four came with moreish sausages, slightly flavourless burgers, good steaks, chicken drumsticks.
- Place the pork, bacon, sausages, and chopped yellow onion in a large baking pan.
- They come with a spicy dipping sauce and rounds of thinly sliced liverwurst-style sausage.
- Another popular dish is botillo, composed of minced pork and sausages.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.