In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Anatomíacuero cabelludo masculino
- Using his fingertips to tickle my skin and massage my scalp, he opened up my playful side within a few minutes.
- This is probably something to do with us having two to three thousand nerve endings in our scalp crying out for stimulation.
- Not only will you walk away with clean and clear skin and a massaged scalp, but you'll also learn proper shaving techniques.
- All the hairs on her arms stood straight out from her skin and her scalp tingled.
- The base should actually lay on the scalp and should not be spread or rubbed into the skin or scalp.
- On examination we observed a healthy man with no other burns of the skin of the scalp, face or neck.
- Dandruff of the scalp and flaking skin in the auditory canals are also common.
- The energy prickled across my skin, and by the funny feelings on my scalp, I was sure my hair was standing on end.
- The natural process of sloughing off old skin cells on the scalp and manufacturing replacements is usually very orderly and complete.
- Have the temperature changes made your skin itchy and your scalp dry?
- Brush her scalp thoroughly but gently, working out from the scalp to the ends of the hair.
- Dandruff is characterised by small, loose flakes of dead skin on the scalp or trapped in the hair.
- Sometimes, this fungus can cause our scalps to shed skin cells too quickly.
- It's normal for your scalp's skin cells to grow old, die and shed.
- Ringworm isn't a worm, but a fungal infection of the scalp or skin that got its name from the ring or series of rings that it can produce.
- Its natural foaming quality also makes it a gentle, moisturizing cleanser for skin, scalp and hair.
- Medically speaking, it is a condition where the skin cells on the scalp go into over drive and are produced in excess, which gives rise to irritation and itching.
- On physical examination, no clinically atypical or suspicious nevi were observed on the skin or scalp.
- His brown shoulder length hair was thinning at the scalp and his skin seemed pale and sickly in garish torchlight.
- But your scalp needs to be cared for just like the skin on the rest of your body.
- The payment for Indian scalps, including the scalps of Indian children, was written in the laws of Massachusetts.
- Young Pawnee warriors proudly stole horses and scalps from their enemies, the Sioux.
- After the Indians killed soldiers, they would take their scalps as trophies.
- The differences between what happened at Fort William Henry and at Niagara need not be seen as evolutionary; the aftermath of battle had yielded many scalps and prisoners for the Iroquois at Niagara.
2(as trophy)cabellera femeninoto be after sb's scalp — ir por algn
1to scalp sb — arrancarle la cabellera a algn
- I'll scalp him! — ¡lo voy a matar!
a precio inflado
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.