In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cojín masculinoalmohadón masculino
- In the sitting room, a classic 2001 look might be a plain cream leather or natural fabric sofa, brightened up by scatter cushions covered in an animal-print fabric or suede.
- The beautiful three-seater Balinese wooden sofa decorated with bright pink and white scatter cushions was bought from a hotel on a recent trip.
- For a comfortable seat, add a series of scatter cushions to match the rest of the curtains and soft furnishings in the room.
- Cover dated or worn sofas and chairs with large throws in a neutral colour so that they aren't the main focus of the room, use scatter cushions to brighten things up.
- The decor of the bedrooms is uniform although the scatter cushions, which can vary in colour, are the exception.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.