In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(politician/character) intrigante(character/politician) maquinadorthat scheming woman is after his money — esa intrigante solo quiere su dinero
- his underhand scheming ways — sus tejemanejes
- In fact, it seems that the only people privy to the scheming duplicity of most of the contestants are the camera operators.
- Alas, it is becoming as tiresomely cliched as all the others, with its share of scheming women.
- They comply, but the scheming Lane has other plans.
- It's not everyday you see the grand thespian as a scheming womanizer who will stop short at nothing, save ‘a bit of crackling,’ to revive his stagnant career.
- She was planning, or rather scheming, in her children's lives.
- When my friend told me about this aspect of the pre-interview my scheming humorist mind awakened like a sleeping giant.
- The game is designed to be fun to play and a lighthearted approach to being a evil scheming megalomaniac, so although there are many different ways of being evil, there is no slavery or genocide.
- A scheming killer, this creature would play with its toys until they expired, and enjoy every minute of it if they did not make each move with great care.
- In doing so, he must also outwit Francesca's scheming mother as well as her overweight fiancé, while schooling another admirer in the ways of love.
- She isn't a scheming adulteress - she's too naive, too hopeful.
- She will be the death us all if we do not beware of her scheming ways.
- His scheming boss and mob underling, Sykes, demands that Oscar pay up the clams he has borrowed during his get-rich-quick schemes.
- Like the French Resistance, they're not taking it lying down, as they fight back with every scheming trick at their disposal.
- These are the people who make up the country, in his eyes, not the scheming gentry and generals who composed bourgeois nationalist parties.
- As a result of their scheming ways, the dastardly duo are clearly making enemies outside the house.
- Even with all her superstar diva qualities, she's too lightweight, too soft to portray a scheming seductress.
- She had black glittering, scheming eyes and was very blunt.
- I was kidding myself; why would a sweet girl like Andrea want to be with a rebellious, scheming character like me?
- Their own scheming behavior was equally if not more reprehensible.
- The play bounces from scheming romance to high-camp comedy, leaving the audience torn between giggling and nail-biting over this complicated love hexagon.
1maquinaciones femeninointrigas femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.