In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1porquerías femenino coloquial
- So you can't really go in there and say, ‘Here, I'm going to make some real schlock.’
- Everything on display here is grade-Z kung-fu schlock.
- It doesn't help when the episode is established in a tomb-raiding scene so derivative of '80s adventure schlock that I felt like I was in middle school.
- The dull picture here befits the cheap production values of this schlock.
- It's at the edge of schlock and kitsch, but it's a nice throwback to the times when people would practice their letters and made sure their handwriting was neat, legible, and beautiful.
- Trouble was, the only legal name for the mix was - and still is - ‘red table wine,’ a tag people might associate with schlock.
- For connoisseurs of schlock, they're priceless.
- At first it's difficult to shake the feeling that it's kitschy schlock that they're radiating, rather than the sinister malevolence they may be aiming for.
- Were teenagers in the '60s really impressed by this schlock?
- Debuting in 1964, the series balanced wholesomely silly schlock with enough clever satire of traditional family shows like Father Knows Best to appeal to kids and adults alike.
- The convergence of the irreverent prince of potty humor and the cringe-worthy captain of schlock must be one of the signs of the impending Apocalypse.
- This nonstop laugh riot is a truly neglected classic of cautionary showbiz schlock.
- I sit in that eerie phosphorescent tubal glow and lounge becalmed, thinking about the microwave emissions being bombarded into outer space like a gazillion ambassadors of tacky schlock.
- Instead of Bauhaus residences in the suburbs, we got ersatz-traditional schlock.
- Existing at the intersection of simple chemistry genius and Ed Wood schlock, the kit involved two putty substances that one mixed to produce a gruesome, frighteningly real scar.
- Like many bands playing earnestly banal semi-derived emo schlock they've connected with an audience of disaffected youth who find comfort in their cranked up pop music and simplistic lyrics.
- And you have to admire the unrepentant schlock.
- Yet even with all this going for it, the film only proves that well-done schlock is still schlock.
- Producers called again, and this time they weren't in search of schlock.
- The Hollywood Walk of Fame is a succession of schlock and gore museums.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.