In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(grant)beca femeninoshe's won a scholarship to Oxford — ha obtenido una beca para estudiar en Oxford
- athletic scholarship — beca deportiva
- Many students decide to take out loans before fully exploring available grants and scholarships.
- There are up to 150 scholarships awarded annually worldwide, although their location is secret.
- The money will be used to support scholarships and education grants through the Foundation.
- We realize that our members will need financial support for future grants and scholarships.
- Proceeds are intended to give scholarships to deserving students who would like to pursue higher education.
- They don't have time to boost savings, and most 2002 scholarships have been awarded.
- Those who do well can receive additional awards and scholarships.
- New Jersey's plan offers scholarships to students who attend a state college or university.
- It will admit artisan-students of all ages, charge fees, and find needy students scholarships or loans.
- Encourage your child to start applying for scholarships for the 2003 academic year.
- There will be significant encouragement of high achievers through bursaries and scholarships.
- In order to visit all the students who had been awarded these travel scholarships, he had to travel to Yorkshire and other places which were new to him.
- New staff have been hired and more money is available for student loans, scholarships and bursaries.
- Her work raised funds for new hospital equipment and provided numerous scholarships for students.
- The university does not offer scholarships specifically for international students.
- He takes a vested interest in every recipient of his foundation's grants and scholarships.
- He was awarded scholarships in anatomy and pathology.
- It also gives scholarships to high school students who have supported gay and lesbian causes.
- However, fund officials plan to award the first scholarships this winter.
- The winners receive cash awards and scholarships to continue their education at college or art school.
- Professional academic scholarship is invariably withdrawn, apolitical and private.
- In this sense, the scholarship of teaching and learning belongs to this century.
- This book is a major achievement in historical scholarship, entirely worthy of its Pulitzer Prize.
- His study forms part of a new wave of scholarship on the Stalin period.
- He is meticulous in locating his own work in relation to existing feminist scholarship in the field.
- Critical biblical scholarship can and should help protect people of faith from perilous exploiters of the biblical message.
- The salutary lesson is that popular scholarship is very difficult.
- Cody would discuss modern biblical scholarship but believed the Bible to be true.
- By the time they reach adulthood, many achieve high levels of Islamic scholarship.
- He is appalled at the level of scholarship in the theatre in this country.
- He proved to be the correct scholar to direct her to the next level in her scholarship.
- Recent historical scholarship on the period reveals that the outbreak of war represented a watershed in Nazi ideological policies.
- Her epilogue instead reflects the critical influence of recent feminist scholarship.
- The administration should demonstrate that effectiveness and scholarship of teaching are highly valued and rewarded.
- The view of many of my academic colleagues seems to be that good scholarship and activism don't mix.
- He worked to restore classical Latin as the language of scholarship and literature.
- I am a strong supporter of scholars studying scholarship in their fields.
- However, much has transpired in the recent years regarding the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- This obituary, I suspect, may turn out to be an epitaph on a culture of knowledge and scholarship.
- Although it is a form of literary study, it is not a form of literary scholarship.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.