In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Is bed rest effective in the short-term treatment of patients with back pain and sciatica?
- I should mention that I have been stuck in the house for 3 years, I have a herniated disc, sciatica, and arthritis in my hips, and I am much too young for this.
- This structural malfunction may cause an irritation of the nerve root/s emerging in between the vertebral bodies; this would in turn lead to a radiating type of pain like sciatica.
- A careful history can usually distinguish nerve root compression, especially sciatica due to compression of the lumbosacral root.
- It is effective as an antispasmodic for muscle cramps, stiffness, aches, overuse, sprains, bruises, sciatica, rheumatism, gout, neuralgia and poor circulation.
- Back pain with sciatica is a common pain syndrome.
- Most sciatica is due to prolapse of a lumbar intervertebral disc.
- Slipped discs, pinched nerves, sciatica, aging, and infections are other common causes of lower back pain.
- Prolotherapy is applicable to arthritis, neck pain, back pain, sciatica, herniated discs, degenerative discs, torn rotator cuffs, knee and ankle instability and wrist injuries.
- The term sciatica refers to pain that radiates along the path of this nerve - from your back into your buttock and leg.
- These populations are clinically and pathologically distinct from patients with back pain or sciatica who are treated by most clinicians and included in all the other trials.
- My initial impression was acute sciatica, but the abdominal pain and high normal temperature made my diagnosis uncertain.
- His sciatica gradually improved and has not recurred, although his back pain still gives him trouble occasionally, as you would expect.
- Two years after the injury, he was referred to a rheumatologist in case the pain was caused by sciatica.
- Chronic back pain and sciatica became daily problems.
- The patient was initially diagnosed with sciatica and treated.
- Its indications include pain in the lower back and hip region, muscular atrophy, sciatica, pain, weakness and muscular atrophy of the lower extremities, and hemiplegia.
- The commonest cause of true sciatica is prolapse of intervertebral discs.
- Prior to initiating any flexibility program, especially for sciatica or low back pain, disc involvement should be ruled out.
- I had admitted an elderly woman with severe sciatica to the community hospital.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.