In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1científicothey were scientific in the way they approached the problem — enfocaron el problema de una manera científica
- Empirically a scientific fact has a higher probability of being correct, and should be considered on that basis.
- But as scientific knowledge has grown so too have the perceived dimensions of the legal problems of conservation.
- In the scientific community, the study of alternatives to animal research has become respectable in some quarters.
- Should the real scientific community participate in this show trial at all?
- Again, it piggybacks off a common theory - the idea of paradigm shifts in scientific understanding.
- Now, however, there should be no doubt that it had no sound scientific basis.
- And so, the first scientific journal, the Philosophical Transactions, was published in 1665.
- Remember, now, this poll is not scientific.
- Their study now provides a sound scientific basis for the present standard of care.
- But recently it has dawned on me that scientific research is a career worth pursuing.
- Your son's experience may not be scientific, but it certainly is convincing.
- New scientific evidence shows consistent patterns of decline of functioning for four different types of dying.
- That all depends on how valid his scientific research is, now doesn't it?
- The object of the life of study is philosophical or scientific understanding.
- He is eagerly interested in anything scientific in nature, and careless about the feelings of people around him.
- Yet it seemed like all great scientific discoveries were tested first for any possible military applications.
- And this is a matter about which there can be sensible debate based on a scientific or at least rational understanding of the world.
- On the other hand, industries that rely more on empirical rather than scientific knowledge do less research.
- Only recently, however, has the behaviour become the subject of scientific study, and research remains in its infancy.
- What stands between me and an answer is not a lack of scientific studies into the properties of just actions, nor a lack of experience of justice in my life.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.