In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1also motor scooterescúter masculinoVespa femenino marca registrada
2(toy)patinete masculinopatín del diablo masculino Méxicomonopatín masculino Cono Sur Venezuela
- Larger toys, such as tricycles, scooters, slides and climbing frames, will all be popular.
- Others whizz into the garage on machines resembling scooters with two oversized wheels, one on either side of the standing platform.
- But a new study says less than half of all kids 5 to 14 actually wear their helmets, when on bikes, skateboards, scooters and other wheeled toys.
- I remember I wanted to get one of those push scooters with those inflatable tires.
- They push their shiny aluminum scooters onto the street, in formation.
- The group is focusing on hazardous toys in four categories: toys that present a choking hazard because of small parts; balloons; toxic toys; and scooters.
- The worker came out with a scooter, mostly colored white with black handlebars and seat.
- Many kids would make scooters by attaching the rough, steel wheels to a two-by-four with a milk crate on it and then adding wooden handlebars for steering.
- As summer arrived, so did the big wooden crates bringing wonderful dolls, mechanical toys, pedal cars, tricycles, scooters, dolls' prams.
- A sharp rise in injuries related to using foot propelled scooters is leading to an increased demand that children using them should wear mandatory protective gear.
- Motorless aluminum scooters with in-line skate wheels fall into another category, but aren't street-legal either.
- Each day I lose to a bunch of kids who lurk in my neighborhood - on those little push scooters.
- With extremely low rolling resistance from wheels made by molding polyurethane onto aluminum centers, this scooter is fast, fun, effective transportation.
- In 1998, 2200 people in the UK were involved in accidents involving children's scooters.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.