In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(en el que se han marcado goles) empate masculino
- We have a score draw on the omens front - as we'd approached the Rocks, an eagle had soared lazily above them.
- When it comes to sticking out the neck for a prediction, expect the Spanish outfit to register at least one goal on the break, possibly scraping the score draw that will take them through.
- Liverpool only need a score draw to lift the trophy, but Ajax took the lead after 34 minutes.
- Mind you, how he kept a straight face when he called the results a score draw I do not know.
- There were five score draws and 13 no score draws.
- There were eight score draws and seven no score draws.
- I'm predicting a high score draw, then a tight extra time period as both teams settle for pens.
- Finally, a six goal festival saw Bangkok United share the points with the Bulls Head Brazilians in a game that can only be described as a score draw.
- This is effectively a score draw with the Liberals, but it was a disaster for the Conservatives.
- Three teams pulled out so they played a round-robin competition in which York had two wins, two score draws and two 1-0 defeats.
- There were four score draws and one no score draw.
- There were eight score draws and 14 no score draws.
- Several other members of the audience judged the bout to have been a score draw with neither providing a knock-out punch to the other's chances.
- Londonist predicts a score draw, which will keep this tie very much alive.
- The result of the case and the attendant publicity might best be described as a score draw littered with own goals.
- After missing the recent score draw against Everton, I have now sat through 450 minutes of Premiership soccer at the Reebok without celebrating a Wanderers goal.
- Aston and Waterford are the two contenders for the Munster division league title, with Aston needing a win and Waterford a score draw from this match.
- Thus far the race could best be described as a score draw.
- Assuming we discount a 3-3 or higher score draw, Rangers need a victory to cancel out the 2-2 first-leg result.
- Much as we are entertained by Ken's antics, we can't escape the feeling that his remarks were on the wrong side of offensive so we'll call this particular incident a score draw.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.