In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1tarjeta femeninolate again! — are you keeping a scorecard? — ¡otra vez tarde! — ¿ es que llevas la cuenta?
- He then concludes Chapter 2 with an excellent discussion about digital and analog chess clocks, scorebooks, scoresheets, and other equipment.
- At that point, I dropped my scorebook and threw my hands in the air in disgust.
- The school was one of four to win a set of equipment, including bats, pads, gloves, balls and stumps as well as a scorebook, rule book and kit bag.
- The Semi-Official Euchre Tournament Page has seating arrangements and scorecards for Euchre tournaments for various numbers of players.
- To save time, pre-print the scoresheets with the players' names and numbers listed.
- I just had a fascination for cricket, the history of cricket, probably picked up from listening to Test broadcasts and a fascination to find out more about these names in scoresheets, to find out something about the people behind the names.
- The scorebook still has plenty of room for new games, so I dragged it back to New York City.
- They're the ones who bring their own scorebooks to Olympic Stadium, keeping a game-by-game account of what is likely to be the Expos' final season in Montreal.
- Each pair has a number to identify them, and this must also be entered on the scoresheet, to show whose result it is.
- An overall score was derived by adding scores in key targets and the balanced scorecard.
- But they forget that it's not the balls faced that go into the scorebooks.
- After arriving at the golf course, and entering the clubhouse, they picked up a scorecard for each of them.
- Note that this doubling only affects the final scores on the scoresheet; the bids and game values are unaffected.
- Included with the disc is an illustrated book that serves as a scorecard of the story's major characters and events.
- Let's hope it's one of those plastic-coated, wipe-clean scoresheets.
- But knowing what I've signed up for, I've left my scorebook in New York City this time.
- So I packed my suitcase, tossed in my scorebook, and headed for Japan.
- I went through the gym doors and found myself standing in a large gym with the red scorebook in one hand and my lucky neon pink pencil in the other, just looking around.
- They're putting your lists and notes and scoresheets into the bags.
- The balanced scorecard is one common approach, which covers financial strength, customer satisfaction, business processes, innovation and learning.
en que se anota la puntuación en deportes como el boxeo y el golf
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.