In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jefe de un grupo de scouts
- She was a Cub Scout leader for more than 20 years and served as district commissioner, and is very active in the Appleby community.
- He details daily routines, the flexible yet morally grounded leadership style of a gifted Scoutmaster, and the often ribald creativity of camp games and songs.
- Even before the parts came out in book form, boys were forming into patrols, rigging up uniforms and importuning adults to be their Scoutmasters.
- Mr Turrell, who previously worked in the family building firm, rejoined the district as an assistant Scoutmaster and has stayed with the association ever since.
- The assistant Scout leader said: ‘The response has been fantastic so far, but we still need all the help we can get.’
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.