In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- That's how the hand screen-printed reproductions of ancient and contemporary master paintings through Serigraphy began.
- He does a fine screen-printed T-shirt but designer Adrian Hailwood does the expensive garb as well.
- Plain, cut, screen-printed or crushed, velvet added atmosphere and interest, with cut velvets in geometric '70s designs especially prominent.
- The new drawings are each based on a gray, screen-printed line drawing of an upscale living room, conservatively furnished.
- Each sheet of the book was screen-printed individually, which means that each sheet is an original print.
- A photograph of a couple of people wearing Chinese costumes is screen-printed onto the map, so that they appear to be making the journey from China to Indonesia.
- The EP itself is an attractive thing; deep maroon coloured vinyl, with each sleeve screen-printed by the band.
- He even screen-printed, by hand, the banquet's napkins, which bore a self-designed logo intertwining his and his wife, Melissa's, initials.
- The treatment of the face in this 1975 portfolio of ten screen-printed portraits of African Americans contrasts sharply with the celebrity faces discussed above.
- He had stunning screen-printed posters made to attract attention but has encountered an unforeseen problem.
- It can be painted, printed and screen-printed.
- He held it in front of him, studying the design screen-printed on the front.
- Porter's no rock star; even his wardrobe - striped tee, screen-printed shirt and jeans - was still boy-next-door.
- An automatic screen-printing machinery that could operate for 24 hours continuously, and a ‘moisture management fabric’ that could absorb sweat were also exhibited.
- It would be made by others, using new materials and new processes, such as screen-printing and more recently laser-engraving.
- Only 17 different types of glass panel are used, and the bright colours are screen-printed onto them.
- This material includes a screen-printed appliqué that minimizes sun glare, and is resistant to temperature changes and fingerprints.
- This is a well-nigh complete survey of this popular artist's graphic work in lithography, etching and screen-printing.
- It's a lot more effective and less messy than screen-printing techniques.
- Vanessa was wearing her badminton shorts and a tee-shirt screen-printed with a picture of the tower.
- In many respects, the Fook legacy in Battiss' found objects, watercolours and screen-prints is more of a drawcard than his earlier works.
- Using screen prints and stencils, images are transferred to stickers and stuck in clusters on newspaper boxes.
- The T-shirts screen print was designed by Becky and says ‘Paranormal activity investigators’ complete with the image of a ghost.
- As the cost of the cotton cloth has increased by 10 per cent, most candidates prefer digital screen prints, which are cheaper.
- She sells her screen prints throughout England and internationally and has exhibited her works all over Cumbria.
- In the screen prints, the box forms frequently appear to have been cut up and imperfectly collaged back together.
- A famous example for a silk screen print is Andy Warhol's popular print series of Marilyn Monroe from 1967.
- Lessner's Black Hole Gang screen print is especially wry and fetching.
- I've used oils and acrylic and made screen prints, but always return to watercolour.
- In addition to the ‘Toy Paintings,’ an extensive presentation of additional Warhol paintings and screen prints will be on display as well.
- Credit where credit is due: I nabbed this post-title from the title of a screen-print my friend John made a while back.
- Also included in the exhibition are a number of screen prints and vintage fabric artworks by Benhur Helwend and Peter Jeffery.
- There is a more detailed photo of the screen print here.
- He has made lithographs and screen prints, but his favourite printmaking medium is etching.
- It can be customized with company colors or a logo screen print, it is machine-washable, and one size fits all.
- It's hard to imagine anyone really wanting to write a novel about, say, the story behind Warhol's screen prints of Marilyn.
- It's a screen print on transfer paper, with specialty inks and processes.
- Incidentally, he also did a screen-print of the Mona Lisa, called ‘Thirty Are Better than One’.
- Without exception, the screen prints from the two print studios are beautiful, provocative and well done.
- The hotel's signature is a large black-and-white screen-print of a flower mounted on a wall, looming behind a dish of artfully arranged fruit.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.